The USAID | Health Policy Initiative is an Indefinite Quantity Contract (IQC) awarded by and for the exclusive use of the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). The initiative exercises global leadership and provides field-level programming in health policy development and implementation. The technical and related assistance provided under this procurement is intended to improve the enabling environment for health, making it possible for women and men around the world to obtain and use the information and services they need for better health, especially in the areas of family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH), HIV and AIDS, and maternal health.
Specific objectives and goals of the initiative are as follows:
Activity Objective: Improved enabling environment for health, especially FP/RH, HIV and AIDS, and maternal health.
This activity objective will be accomplished through the achievement of five intermediate results.
- Result 1: Policies that improve equitable and affordable access to high-quality services and information adopted and put into practice
- Result 2: Public sector and civil society champions strengthened and supported to advocate successfully and sustainably
- Result 3: Health sector resources (public, private, NGO, and community-based) increased and allocated more effectively and equitably
- Result 4: Strengthened multisectoral engagement and host country coordination in the design, implementation, and financing of health programs
- Result 5: Timely and accurate data used for evidence-based decisionmaking
FOR MORE INFORMATION
This website provides access to the technical resources (e.g., reports, studies, software, and tools) produced under the various task orders awarded as part of the USAID | Health Policy Initiative IQC.
For more information about the implementing partners or individual task orders, please see the Quick Links section. To learn how to access assistance through the Health Policy Initiative IQC and its eligible partners, please visit http://ghiqc.usaid.gov.